I think it’s going to be a crazy year (crazy in a good way for small business!) and believe we are only limited by our own thinking.
So on that note, I went cruising around the web to see what others were thinking about. Here’s what I found.
- USA Today Small Business writer Steve Strauss says the cloud will finally come into its own. That means more and more small business will accomplish tasks online without involving the hard drive on their computer. I think this is a really smart move for small business owners and a great way to manage cash flow.
- Over at About.com, guide Darrell Zahorsky says that there will be a small business revolution, but it won’t be driven by a single demographic. Each group, young and old, will bring value to the business space. Boomers with their experience and wisdom and the younger generation with their tech savvy skills.
- There will be a divide between social media “haves” who use the channels strategically and “have nots” who are a bit scattered and ad hoc in their approach according to Laurie McCabes SMB Technology predictions. There will be opportunities here for consultants and social media management tool providers.
- If you are in a rural area, the outlook is good according to Becky McCray at Rural Community Building. The spread of online reviews makes every business a local business, which will be a boon to those who provide terrific products and services.
- Business News Daily reports that small business will need to watch out for the “big companies” who will be digging deeper into smaller markets and may encroach on the small business “territory.”
- Over on Small Business Trends, writer Barry Moltz says small business will need to really laser in on the pain in order to get others to buy. Carrots dangling improvement just won’t be enough.
Well, there you go. What do you think will be a small business trend? I’d love for you to let me know in the comments.